The BC government recently released a policy discussion paper on their Health Information Management and Technology (IM/IT) strategy framework.
The paper identifies a number of challenges faced at the moment:
- lack of a common vision for IM/IT across the health sector
- governance/leadership not aligned
- funding sources not aligned
- multiple existing clinical information systems that aren’t well connected to each other
- lack of provincial clinical information standards
- lack of comprehensive change management strategy
Here’s the framework:
View the full document here: Enabling effective, quality population and patient-centred care: a provincial strategy for health information management and technology: Cross sector policy discussion paper (2015).